New classifications could switch around four Wesco schools
According to the new numbers, Glacier Peak and Marysville Getchell will be moving up to 4A, while Lynnwood and Arlington could move down to 3A. Lynnwood and Arlington have the option to "opt-up" to stay in a league with familiar rivals or fellow intra-district schools. Lynnwood moved up to 4A from 3A in the last cycle so the Royals likely would be fine with moving back to 3A.
In essence if everything went by the numbers Wesco could look like this next year:
Wesco 4A North
Wesco 4A South
Wesco 3A North
Wesco 3A South
First thoughts: Arlington and Stanwood rivalry becomes intra-league again; Marysville Pilchuck and Arlington rivalry reborn but the budding MP-Marysville Getchell rivalry loses some juice; Lynnwood-Meadowdale rivalry is on again; Glacier Peak joins an already potent 4A South; With its sports programs improving, Getchell becomes a real wild card in the 4A North and the Chargers can kind of build their identity in a different league than MP.
For the full list, click here.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- MP's Kleiner commits to Trinity Lutheran March 25
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.