According to the new numbers, Glacier Peak and Marysville Getchell will be moving up to 4A, while Lynnwood and Arlington could move down to 3A. Lynnwood and Arlington have the option to "opt-up" to stay in a league with familiar rivals or fellow intra-district schools. Lynnwood moved up to 4A from 3A in the last cycle so the Royals likely would be fine with moving back to 3A.
In essence if everything went by the numbers Wesco could look like this next year:
Wesco 4A North
Wesco 4A South
Wesco 3A North
Wesco 3A South
First thoughts: Arlington and Stanwood rivalry becomes intra-league again; Marysville Pilchuck and Arlington rivalry reborn but the budding MP-Marysville Getchell rivalry loses some juice; Lynnwood-Meadowdale rivalry is on again; Glacier Peak joins an already potent 4A South; With its sports programs improving, Getchell becomes a real wild card in the 4A North and the Chargers can kind of build their identity in a different league than MP.
For the full list, click here.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.