According to the new numbers, Glacier Peak and Marysville Getchell will be moving up to 4A, while Lynnwood and Arlington could move down to 3A. Lynnwood and Arlington have the option to "opt-up" to stay in a league with familiar rivals or fellow intra-district schools. Lynnwood moved up to 4A from 3A in the last cycle so the Royals likely would be fine with moving back to 3A.
In essence if everything went by the numbers Wesco could look like this next year:
Wesco 4A North
Wesco 4A South
Wesco 3A North
Wesco 3A South
First thoughts: Arlington and Stanwood rivalry becomes intra-league again; Marysville Pilchuck and Arlington rivalry reborn but the budding MP-Marysville Getchell rivalry loses some juice; Lynnwood-Meadowdale rivalry is on again; Glacier Peak joins an already potent 4A South; With its sports programs improving, Getchell becomes a real wild card in the 4A North and the Chargers can kind of build their identity in a different league than MP.
For the full list, click here.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
- Haner leaves Jackson for Shorewood June 17
- Lynnwood girls win 4th straight Edmonds Summer Shootout title June 15
- Boys Prep Athlete of the Year Podcast June 15
- Girls Prep Athlete of the Year Podcast June 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.