The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Friday, November 22, 2013, 2:26 p.m.

Fatal Wenatchee fire caused by smoking

WENATCHEE -- Investigators say a fatal fire at a Wenatchee apartment building Thursday night was caused by smoking.
Fire Chief Stan Smoke said smoking materials were found where the fire started in the living room of sixth-floor unit of the 10-story Cascadian Apartments.
The Wenatchee World reported that the fire killed 67-year-old Patricia Brizzee.
Chief Smoke said firefighters have long been worried about fires at the Cascadian because the housing for low-income older and disabled residents does not have a central sprinkler system. Apartment managers banned smoking in the building last April because of the fire danger.
The fire caused an about $20,000 damage to the apartment with some smoke damage to the hallway.
Story tags » FireWenatchee

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...