The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Fatal Wenatchee fire caused by smoking

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
Published:
WENATCHEE -- Investigators say a fatal fire at a Wenatchee apartment building Thursday night was caused by smoking.
Fire Chief Stan Smoke said smoking materials were found where the fire started in the living room of sixth-floor unit of the 10-story Cascadian Apartments.
The Wenatchee World reported that the fire killed 67-year-old Patricia Brizzee.
Chief Smoke said firefighters have long been worried about fires at the Cascadian because the housing for low-income older and disabled residents does not have a central sprinkler system. Apartment managers banned smoking in the building last April because of the fire danger.
The fire caused an about $20,000 damage to the apartment with some smoke damage to the hallway.
Story tags » FireWenatchee

More Northwest Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar