Joshua Winquist's scoring streak
- The streak began just after Winquist's most barren stretch of the season, as he was pointless in the previous three games.
- The streak began with a bang as he had a goal and two assists in Everett's 4-1 victory over Swift Current on Oct. 20.
- Winquist had multiple points in each of the first six games of the streak, topping out with a four-point effort in Everett's 7-6 overtime victory at Kamloops on Oct. 26. Winquist had multiple points in 11 of the 16 games.
- The streak hasn't really been in danger, as Winquist never left it late. He recorded his first point in the first period seven times and in the second period nine times.
- Winquist hasn't been getting fat on secondary assists. He has goals in 11 of the 16 games.
- Winquist is a plus-15 during the streak.
- In total, Winquist has 36 points (14 goals, 22 assists) in the 16 games. In comparison, Hamill had 23 points (nine goals, 14 assists) during his 15-game streak from Sept. 23-Nov. 4, 2006.
- The Tips scored 57 goals the past 16 games, so Winquist has been in on 63 percent of Everett's goals during the streak. Everett is 12-2-2-0 during that stretch and has moved into first place in the WHL.
- Winquist's streak isn't the longest in the WHL this season, at least not yet. Spokane's Mitch Holmberg had a 17-game points streak from Sept. 21-Nov. 1. The next-longest active streak is eight games by Spokane's Mike Aviani.
I haven't gone back and done a definitive study, but I think it's safe to say Winquist is in the midst of the greatest offensive outburst in Silvertips franchise history. Overall he's third in the league in scoring with 48 points in 27 games. We'll see if he can keep the streak going when Everett resumes play next Saturday at home against Saskatoon.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.