The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions
Herald staff | rking@heraldnet.com
Published: Monday, November 25, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

Smoke cleared from Stanwood High

STANWOOD -- Firefighters cleared smoke from Stanwood High School on Monday night after a transformer blew and melted some equipment in the computer room.

Smoke was reported in the computer room and in the hall about 5:30 p.m., said Greg Osborne, a battalion chief with the North County Regional Fire Authority.

The buildings were evacuated. Students were on campus for girls' and boys' basketball practices, he said. People were allowed back inside within about an hour. No injuries were reported.

Story tags » StanwoodFirefightingFireStanwood High School

Sign up for HeraldNet headlines Newsletter
See sample | Privacy policy

Most recent Sirens posts

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

» More local news