The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions
Herald staff | rking@heraldnet.com
Published: Monday, November 25, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

Smoke cleared from Stanwood High

STANWOOD -- Firefighters cleared smoke from Stanwood High School on Monday night after a transformer blew and melted some equipment in the computer room.

Smoke was reported in the computer room and in the hall about 5:30 p.m., said Greg Osborne, a battalion chief with the North County Regional Fire Authority.

The buildings were evacuated. Students were on campus for girls' and boys' basketball practices, he said. People were allowed back inside within about an hour. No injuries were reported.

Story tags » StanwoodFirefightingFireStanwood High School

Subscribe to Daily headlines
See sample | Privacy policy

Most recent Sirens posts

digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...
» More local news
HeraldNet Classifieds

HeraldNet highlights

A very slow invasion
A very slow invasion: Non-native snails take over the Northwest
Girls H.S. Athlete of the Year
Girls H.S. Athlete of the Year: Lynnwood High School three-sport star Mikayla Pivec
Boys H.S. Athlete of the Year
Boys H.S. Athlete of the Year: Lake Stevens High School quarterback Jacob Eason
In all its glory
In all its glory: The North Cascades on display at the Burke Museum