A group of hikers, including the bride in a warm, white coat and a man carrying a bible, stopped near us.
We chatted for a few moments, and discovered that a wedding was indeed planned. The bible was a likely clue.
I was so delighted that all of my journalist instincts deserted me. I didn't ask the couple's names, or get their phone numbers. And now I'm kicking myself. There has to be a fun story behind a wedding in front of a gorgeous, frozen lake.
If you are the newlyweds, or you happen to know them, drop me a line at email@example.com or give me a call, 425-339-3046. I'd love to talk to you.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.