Did you get married at Lake Serene this weekend?
A group of hikers, including the bride in a warm, white coat and a man carrying a bible, stopped near us.
We chatted for a few moments, and discovered that a wedding was indeed planned. The bible was a likely clue.
I was so delighted that all of my journalist instincts deserted me. I didn't ask the couple's names, or get their phone numbers. And now I'm kicking myself. There has to be a fun story behind a wedding in front of a gorgeous, frozen lake.
If you are the newlyweds, or you happen to know them, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call, 425-339-3046. I'd love to talk to you.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Andy Porter will teach classes on nature photography in Marysville April 20
- See art and adventure meet at book release, film showing April 17
- Ice caves trail, parking lots will be closed Saturday morning April 16
- National parks will be free this weekend April 16
- 2 Stevens Pass lifts will be open through Wednesday April 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.