Now that I've recreated one of these squawkers, I realize that this project involves a lot of patience. The pieces are so small that it's probably best suited for Kindergarten on up. But the end result is awesome. You can write a name on the back of the paper, and then the turkeys serve as functional table decorations for Thanksgiving.
Here's what you do:
- Tootsie Roll Pops
- Fall leaves (fake or real)
- Yellow felt
- Wood hearts
- Wood circular beads
- Place Tootsie Roll Pops head down on the wooden hearts.
- Use yellow felt triangles, eyes and wooden beads to create turkey faces. Let the faces dry flat before you put them on their home bird.
- Use leaves to create tail feathers. Glue them on the back of the Tootsie Roll pops. You can also use artificial flowers.
- Thread the heads through the sucker sticks.
- Place paper name cards on top, and you're done.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.