Name cards make for a festive art project
Now that I've recreated one of these squawkers, I realize that this project involves a lot of patience. The pieces are so small that it's probably best suited for Kindergarten on up. But the end result is awesome. You can write a name on the back of the paper, and then the turkeys serve as functional table decorations for Thanksgiving.
Here's what you do:
- Tootsie Roll Pops
- Fall leaves (fake or real)
- Yellow felt
- Wood hearts
- Wood circular beads
- Place Tootsie Roll Pops head down on the wooden hearts.
- Use yellow felt triangles, eyes and wooden beads to create turkey faces. Let the faces dry flat before you put them on their home bird.
- Use leaves to create tail feathers. Glue them on the back of the Tootsie Roll pops. You can also use artificial flowers.
- Thread the heads through the sucker sticks.
- Place paper name cards on top, and you're done.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.