McCoy finished ahead of fellow Rep. Mike Sells of Everett and Kelly Wright of Marysville in a vote of precinct committee officers. He received 16 of 25 votes cast. Sells received six and Wright had three, according to results released by party officials
Snohomish County Councilmembers are expected to make the appointment Wednesday morning after conducting interviews with each of the nominees.
McCoy, the retired general manager of Quil Ceda Village, has served in the state House since 2003. He is currently the chairman of the House Community Development, Housing and Tribal Affairs Committee.
If McCoy is appointed, Democrats will be called into action again next month to fill his seat in the state House.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Lineup for state auditor race: Anyone but Kelley Oct. 8
- Inslee raising money on East Coast, receiving award in Everett Oct. 6
- Who will Republicans vote for in county executive race? Oct. 1
- They’re talking McCleary again, but that won’t be enough Sep. 24
- House, Senate leaders urge Kelley to resign as auditor Sep. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.