That the Seahawks made this move points to one of two things: either the Seahawks are bringing somebody else in later this week (Antoine Winfield, perhaps?) or that they actually think Brandon Browner has a chance to win his appeal. If the only goal was to get Shead on the roster, the Seahawks could wait as late as Sunday since he is already on the practice squad, and it was presumed that he would eventually just take Browner's spot. So it would appear that either the Seahawks haven't given up the possibility of Browner playing again this season, or they've got somebody coming in this week.
Cox offered this up on Twitter after the move was made:
Its reason 2 everything, just know it was not about my play, at all! But i cant and wont say
— Perrish Cox (@pcox16) November 27, 2013
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.