Seahawks release Perrish Cox a day after signing him
That the Seahawks made this move points to one of two things: either the Seahawks are bringing somebody else in later this week (Antoine Winfield, perhaps?) or that they actually think Brandon Browner has a chance to win his appeal. If the only goal was to get Shead on the roster, the Seahawks could wait as late as Sunday since he is already on the practice squad, and it was presumed that he would eventually just take Browner's spot. So it would appear that either the Seahawks haven't given up the possibility of Browner playing again this season, or they've got somebody coming in this week.
Cox offered this up on Twitter after the move was made:
Its reason 2 everything, just know it was not about my play, at all! But i cant and wont say
— Perrish Cox (@pcox16) November 27, 2013
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury updates July 27
- Notes and observations from Day 2 of Seahawks training camp July 26
- Notes and injury updates from day 1 of Seahawks training camp July 25
- Carroll disappointed in Lynch's absence as Seahawks open camp July 25
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch holdout July 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.