Weekend reading: Animals show off their best skills
So, for this edition of Weekend Reading, I'm going very light on the whole "reading" thing. Instead, here are some videos of animals showing why they're amazing.
First up, this is what a chipmunk does on Black Friday. And just like in the malls, he has to watch out for pickpockets.
Next, a fox diving into the snow. Turns out they are dramatically more successful at catching prey if they're facing north. Fascinating.
A peregrine falcon is the fastest animal in the world -- the bird in this video has been clocked at 242 miles an hour.
And, for some comic relief, penguins chasing a butterfly.
Last up, iguanas sneezing. It's more impressive than you would imagine.
Galapagos Marine Iguanas Sneeze from Alfredo Barroso on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Help us pick the best winter photos March 13
- Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity March 13
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.