Weekend reading: Animals show off their best skills
So, for this edition of Weekend Reading, I'm going very light on the whole "reading" thing. Instead, here are some videos of animals showing why they're amazing.
First up, this is what a chipmunk does on Black Friday. And just like in the malls, he has to watch out for pickpockets.
Next, a fox diving into the snow. Turns out they are dramatically more successful at catching prey if they're facing north. Fascinating.
A peregrine falcon is the fastest animal in the world -- the bird in this video has been clocked at 242 miles an hour.
And, for some comic relief, penguins chasing a butterfly.
Last up, iguanas sneezing. It's more impressive than you would imagine.
Galapagos Marine Iguanas Sneeze from Alfredo Barroso on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- The story behind gorgeous photo of poodles in the forest April 14
- We've lost our view but gained avian entertainment April 11
- Video of elk -- with one confused straggler -- goes viral April 10
- Outdoor events: Trout, birds, films, Earth Day and more April 10
- More than just bandages: Learning first aid for the wilderness April 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.