Firefighters rescued nine King Charles Spaniels, including three puppies, from the home. The family raises and breeds the dogs, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire was reported about 6:15 p.m. at a two-story house in the 300 block of 197th Street SW, east of Lynnwood, Hynes said.
No one was home when the fire broke out.
Crews also responded from Lynnwood, Clearview and Bothell. The fire was extinguished within about 15 minutes, Hynes said.
Investigators with the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office traced the source of the fire to a heating pad being used to keep the puppies warm.
Rikki King: 425-339-3449, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Local News Headlines
Six seek three contested seats on Everett City Council 3 honored with Family Values Awards Ronning challenging Rankin in Darrington mayoral race Faith Calendar Arlington man to be extradited in Minn. sex-abuse case Possible norovirus outbreak at Colby living facility Former sergeant admits he helped launder prostitution money Shirley Gilbertson loved her temp job so much, she stayed on for free
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.