Firefighters rescued nine King Charles Spaniels, including three puppies, from the home. The family raises and breeds the dogs, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire was reported about 6:15 p.m. at a two-story house in the 300 block of 197th Street SW, east of Lynnwood, Hynes said.
No one was home when the fire broke out.
Crews also responded from Lynnwood, Clearview and Bothell. The fire was extinguished within about 15 minutes, Hynes said.
Investigators with the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office traced the source of the fire to a heating pad being used to keep the puppies warm.
Rikki King: 425-339-3449, email@example.com.
More Local News Headlines
Objection delays release of records in school shootings Victims’ families want full account of shootings, lawyer says 5:28 p.m. ‘Unprecedented’ wind storm: 23K in county still without power 6:39 p.m. Cost overruns, location, parking needs put courthouse on hold Clarence Robertson volunteered for 56 years as a reserve deputy 5-story building in Mill Creek would include affordable housing Island County undersheriff resigning to care for his children Front Porch: Light a candle for a loved one
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.