Dolphins' Martin's season is officially over
The Miami Dolphins put the troubled offensive tackle on the reserve/non-football illness list Saturday, freeing up his roster spot so safety D.J. Campbell could be promoted from the team's practice squad.
The move was not unexpected. Martin left the Dolphins on Oct. 28, the start of what became an explosive probe into allegations that a culture of bullying was around the team and inside its locker room.
Offensive lineman Richie Incognito was suspended Nov. 3 for his alleged role in the turmoil. Media reports Friday said the Dolphins and Incognito agreed to extend his suspension past the four-week window typically allowed by league rule, and that Incognito would resume getting paid.
Investigator Ted Wells' probe of the team and its workplace environment is ongoing.
- Mitchell named outstanding player as Calgary wins Grey Cup 11/30/14
- Luck throws 5 TD passes, Colts beat Redskins 49-27 11/30/14
- Fitzpatrick throws 6 TD passes, Texans beat Titans 45-21 11/30/14
- Orton, Hughes help Bills beat Browns 26-10 11/30/14
- Rivers leads 4th-quarter rally, Chargers beat Ravens 34-33 11/30/14
- Jaguars rally from 21-0 deficit, beat Giants 25-24 11/30/14
- Bengals win 3rd straight, top Buccaneers 14-13 11/30/14
- Rams score 38 points in first half, rout Raiders 52-0 11/30/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.