Serge Vorobyov, of Apple Valley, admitted throwing the money as a choir performed "Let it Snow" Friday. He had stamped the bills with his YouTube address to direct people to it. He was cited and released at the scene.
Vorobyov said Sunday he's going through a divorce and lost his business and hoped the positivity of throwing the money would come back to him. He says he threw his last $1,000.
He says he invited his estranged wife to win her back but she didn't show up.
Mall of America spokeswoman Sarah Schmidt says Vorobyov disrupted the performance and could've caused a serious situation.
- The Buzz: Leftover turkeys 12/2/13
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.