N. Cascades Highway closed, possibly for season
The highway closes every year during the winter. The state Department of Transportation will decide Tuesday whether to reopen the road or leave it closed.
Meanwhile, Stevens Pass on U.S. is covered with compact snow and ice. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those with all-wheel drive.
Check WSDOT for updates on mountain passes around the state.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.