N. Cascades Highway closed, possibly for season
The highway closes every year during the winter. The state Department of Transportation will decide Tuesday whether to reopen the road or leave it closed.
Meanwhile, Stevens Pass on U.S. is covered with compact snow and ice. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those with all-wheel drive.
Check WSDOT for updates on mountain passes around the state.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
- 'Mile ... Mile & a Half' a gorgeous, charming film about John Muir Trail March 10
- Weekend reading: The Pacific Crest Trail March 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.