The highway closes every year during the winter. The state Department of Transportation will decide Tuesday whether to reopen the road or leave it closed.
Meanwhile, Stevens Pass on U.S. is covered with compact snow and ice. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those with all-wheel drive.
Check WSDOT for updates on mountain passes around the state.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Campfire restrictions lifted in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie forests Sep. 3
- Photo gallery: Baby orcas continue to put on a show Sep. 2
- Hike up to Benchmark Mountain for 360-degree views Sep. 1
- Gala raises money to help youth get outdoors Aug. 31
- How — and why — backcountry skiers find snow all year Aug. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.