The highway closes every year during the winter. The state Department of Transportation will decide Tuesday whether to reopen the road or leave it closed.
Meanwhile, Stevens Pass on U.S. is covered with compact snow and ice. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those with all-wheel drive.
Check WSDOT for updates on mountain passes around the state.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.