N. Cascades Highway closed, possibly for season
The highway closes every year during the winter. The state Department of Transportation will decide Tuesday whether to reopen the road or leave it closed.
Meanwhile, Stevens Pass on U.S. is covered with compact snow and ice. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those with all-wheel drive.
Check WSDOT for updates on mountain passes around the state.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Is that Bigfoot stalking bison at Yellowstone? Feb. 10
- Eagle once caught on Whidbey Navy base spotted in Vancouver, B.C. Feb. 6
- Fly-fishing show in Lynnwood on Feb. 14-15 Feb. 6
- The sound a wolverine makes will chill your blood Feb. 5
- Protection for remote Illabot Creek will pay dividends downstream Feb. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.