Another voice against districts for city council elections
Many said they fear that the cities could reduce their pools of candidates.
Since then Randy Hayden, who lost a November election for Edmonds City Council, added his voice.
“Last election we had six candidates for three seats,” Hayden said. “Three of those candidates lived within blocks of each other. A district system would have forced these three to run against each other and opened the door for districts to have candidates run unopposed or even to not be represented.”
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.