Seahawks a unanimous No. 1 pick in AP power poll
The Seahawks backed up last week's unanimous No. 1 ranking by blowing out New Orleans and knocking the Saints from second to fifth in balloting by the 12-member panel that regularly covers the league.
Denver, New England, Carolina and the Saints got second-place votes, with the Broncos finishing 10 points ahead of a third-place tie between the Patriots and Panthers, who have won eight straight games.
New Orleans is another 11 points back in fifth after a 34-7 loss to Seattle. No. 6 San Francisco switched places with Kansas City after the Chiefs lost to the Broncos.
Seattle plays at San Francisco on Sunday.
- Seahawks' Carroll, Eagles' Sanchez have moved past 'difference of opinion' 12/4/14
- Rested Seahawks prepare for showdown with Eagles in Philadelphia 12/3/14
- Offensive line keys Eagles’ surge into lead in NFC East 12/3/14
- Browns decide to stick with Hoyer as starting quarterback 12/3/14
- Browns place WR Austin on IR with kidney injury 12/3/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.