The Christmas spirit pops up in Edmonds
Boutique helps out those in need during the holidays
Something new to add to the list is the Christmas Boutique on 925 Edmonds Street. This is a pop-up boutique. It's only open during the holiday season on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
My kids and I visited the boutique last weekend, because we were intrigued by the advertising. It was like following garage-sale signs in winter.
They took us to a quiet street in Edmonds Bowl, where a woman named Michele opens her home for a good cause. In a room packed with Christmas decorations, Michele greets visitors with hot cider and a small flier explaining what her boutique is all about.
Michele's goal is to help single parents. Every day, a percentage of her sales goes right back into the community. Last year for example, she filled up gas tanks, purchased groceries and bought Christmas presents for families in need.
This is the second year the Edmonds Christmas Boutique has operated. Next year, Michele hopes to add an outdoor room with greenery and wreathes.
So if you're looking for something fun to do this weekend, add Edmonds to your list. Then when you get here, look for the green signs.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- For parents, ‘the good teacher’ will make all the difference April 19
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
- Expect respect, but be realistic about kids' ability to sit still April 5
- Buckle up! When your kid’s safety breaks the bank March 29
- Letting down my guard and learning to understand Clash of Clans March 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.