Something new to add to the list is the Christmas Boutique on 925 Edmonds Street. This is a pop-up boutique. It's only open during the holiday season on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
My kids and I visited the boutique last weekend, because we were intrigued by the advertising. It was like following garage-sale signs in winter.
They took us to a quiet street in Edmonds Bowl, where a woman named Michele opens her home for a good cause. In a room packed with Christmas decorations, Michele greets visitors with hot cider and a small flier explaining what her boutique is all about.
Michele's goal is to help single parents. Every day, a percentage of her sales goes right back into the community. Last year for example, she filled up gas tanks, purchased groceries and bought Christmas presents for families in need.
This is the second year the Edmonds Christmas Boutique has operated. Next year, Michele hopes to add an outdoor room with greenery and wreathes.
So if you're looking for something fun to do this weekend, add Edmonds to your list. Then when you get here, look for the green signs.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.