Well now, the 49ers are encouraging their fans to be louder when the Seahawks come to town. How times have changed.
As you probably heard already, season ticket holders received a letter this week encouraging fans to wear red, be on time, be loud when the ‘Niners are on defense, and quiet when they’re on offense.
Seahawks fans, naturally, have had some fun with the idea that fans need help, and so have some players.
“Some things you can’t coach,” safety Earl Thomas said. “We’ve got great fans, we don’t have to coach them here. They’re in trouble if they have to do that.”
Added cornerback Richard Sherman, “Hopefully they follow their directions. Our fans are usually pretty good about that, but hey, whatever you gotta do. That’s hilarious though.”
Here’s a copy of an internal memo, courtesy Deadspin.com. Fans received a portion of this letter beginning with “Introducing The 49ers Home Field Advantage Plan For Gameday”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.