The issue was reported shortly before classes started at 8:35 a.m., Everett School District spokeswoman Mary Waggoner said.
Around the same time, there was a report of a possible gas leak. Firefighters searched the campus and didn't find any problems, Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said.
Children who were already on campus at the time were taken to another wing with heat at Madison, Waggoner said. Kids who were on the bus were taken to View Ridge Elementary for the day.
After-school pick-up and bus routes were unaffected.
The principal planned to send a letter home to parents on Thursday. The school district also used its phone message notification system.
The problems were fixed by mid-afternoon, and classes were set to resume as normal on Friday.
More Local News Headlines
Kids explain it all: 'Thanksgiving is all about turkeys' Homeless man pleads guilty in knife attack at Lynnwood RV park Jail might start housing Seattle inmates once again Recount will decide Lynnwood race; election turnout deemed ‘discouraging’ Arrest prompts tips to prevent theft of delivered packages Photo: Owl takes a cat nap in Everett Front Porch: Tree lighting ceremony Dec. 4 in Mountlake Terrace Man still in custody for Nov. 12 shooting in Lake Stevens
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.