The issue was reported shortly before classes started at 8:35 a.m., Everett School District spokeswoman Mary Waggoner said.
Around the same time, there was a report of a possible gas leak. Firefighters searched the campus and didn't find any problems, Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said.
Children who were already on campus at the time were taken to another wing with heat at Madison, Waggoner said. Kids who were on the bus were taken to View Ridge Elementary for the day.
After-school pick-up and bus routes were unaffected.
The principal planned to send a letter home to parents on Thursday. The school district also used its phone message notification system.
The problems were fixed by mid-afternoon, and classes were set to resume as normal on Friday.
More Local News Headlines
Warm waters bring more restrictions on salmon fishing in Tulalip Little is known about bull kelp, which nearly all marine life here relies on Sound Transit succumbs to ‘cost of doing business’ Stanwood-Camano fair expands activities for children Two seek to oust Noble from Edmonds School Board seat Paine Field passenger flights resound with Mukilteo voters Front Porch: Camano Island Library grand opening Crews try to save man pulled from Stillaguamish River
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.