A neighbor who lives behind a house in 20100 block of 37th Avenue W. called 911 after seeing smoke and flames coming from a deck area.
Firefighters from District 1 and Lynnwood extinguished the flames in about 10 minutes. The fire was contained to the second-story deck and a storage area below, Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.
The fire caused more than $10,000 in damage.
Investigators with the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office concluded that the blaze was accidental.
More Local News Headlines
Former sergeant admits he helped launder prostitution money Brief visit by Obama expected to snarl Seattle traffic Possible norovirus outbreak at Colby living facility Shirley Gilbertson loved her temp job so much, she stayed on for free Conferees shape leaner budget for military pay, benefits Front Porch: Jackson volleyball hosts fundraiser Applause In Uniform
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.