Sounders acquire GK Stefan Frei
Frei, 27, is from Switzerland, played at Cal and was Toronto’s first-round pick in the 2009 draft. He was a starter for most of his first three seasons in Toronto, but injuries and later the play of his backup, Joe Bendick, relegated Frei to a backup role for most of the past two seasons.
“Stefan is a goalkeeper we have liked for a number of years,” Sounders coach Sigi Schmid said in a press release. “He is a quality professional who brings experience and leadership to the position. Adding Stefan at this point of his career was very attractive to us.”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Mariners' Brad Miller named American League player of the week May 18
- Seahawks sign WR Deshon Foxx; waive/injured Demitrius Bronson May 18
- Seahawks sign DT T.Y. McGill May 15
- Mariners’ Brad Miller to make his left field debut Thursday May 14
- Seahawks RB Robert Turbin recovering from hip surgery May 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.