Sounders acquire GK Stefan Frei
Frei, 27, is from Switzerland, played at Cal and was Toronto’s first-round pick in the 2009 draft. He was a starter for most of his first three seasons in Toronto, but injuries and later the play of his backup, Joe Bendick, relegated Frei to a backup role for most of the past two seasons.
“Stefan is a goalkeeper we have liked for a number of years,” Sounders coach Sigi Schmid said in a press release. “He is a quality professional who brings experience and leadership to the position. Adding Stefan at this point of his career was very attractive to us.”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Looking at the Seahawks' draft needs: receiver Feb. 16
- Not even Michael Robinson knows if Marshawn Lynch will be back in 2015 Feb. 12
- Seahawks GM John Schneider addresses Byron Maxwell’s free agency and more on Sports Radio KJR Feb. 11
- Seahawks promote Rocky Seto to assistant head coach Feb. 10
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch's future, Russell Wilson contract Feb. 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.