Avalanche seminar and rock rescue clinics in Everett
To celebrate the event, the American Alpine Institute is offering classes at Vertical World in Everett on Saturday.
They will offer two rock rescue clinics. This is a class to help climbers get the basic skills they need for rescues in steep places. The clinics are two hours long and are pay what you can. There is one from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and one from 3 to 5 p.m.
There will also be an avalanche awareness seminar that same day. Doors open at 6 p.m. for a a reception with beer, pizza and live music. The seminar will begin at 7 p.m.
The event is a fundraiser for the Northwest Avalanche Center.
You can learn more about the event and register for the events here. Registration is not required, but space is limited and priority is given to those who register in advance.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
- 'Mile ... Mile & a Half' a gorgeous, charming film about John Muir Trail March 10
- Weekend reading: The Pacific Crest Trail March 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.