Avalanche seminar and rock rescue clinics in Everett
To celebrate the event, the American Alpine Institute is offering classes at Vertical World in Everett on Saturday.
They will offer two rock rescue clinics. This is a class to help climbers get the basic skills they need for rescues in steep places. The clinics are two hours long and are pay what you can. There is one from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and one from 3 to 5 p.m.
There will also be an avalanche awareness seminar that same day. Doors open at 6 p.m. for a a reception with beer, pizza and live music. The seminar will begin at 7 p.m.
The event is a fundraiser for the Northwest Avalanche Center.
You can learn more about the event and register for the events here. Registration is not required, but space is limited and priority is given to those who register in advance.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- The story behind gorgeous photo of poodles in the forest April 14
- We've lost our view but gained avian entertainment April 11
- Video of elk -- with one confused straggler -- goes viral April 10
- Outdoor events: Trout, birds, films, Earth Day and more April 10
- More than just bandages: Learning first aid for the wilderness April 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.