Avalanche seminar and rock rescue clinics in Everett
To celebrate the event, the American Alpine Institute is offering classes at Vertical World in Everett on Saturday.
They will offer two rock rescue clinics. This is a class to help climbers get the basic skills they need for rescues in steep places. The clinics are two hours long and are pay what you can. There is one from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and one from 3 to 5 p.m.
There will also be an avalanche awareness seminar that same day. Doors open at 6 p.m. for a a reception with beer, pizza and live music. The seminar will begin at 7 p.m.
The event is a fundraiser for the Northwest Avalanche Center.
You can learn more about the event and register for the events here. Registration is not required, but space is limited and priority is given to those who register in advance.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Fly-fishing show in Lynnwood on Feb. 14-15 Feb. 6
- The sound a wolverine makes will chill your blood Feb. 5
- Protection for remote Illabot Creek will pay dividends downstream Feb. 3
- Two ice climbers make first ascent of Niagara Falls Jan. 30
- Wildlife up close, fishing meeting, eagle fest, and more outdoor events Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.