Hayden lost to appointed incumbent Councilwoman Kristiana Johnson in November by a 66 percent to 34 percent margin.
Hayden had been an applicant when the Council appointed Johnson in 2012.
Former Councilman Steve Bernheim, who preceded Yamamoto before not running in 2011, said Tuesday that he didn’t know if he would apply. Bernheim was an applicant when the Council appointed Johnson. At the time, he was the only applicant who said that he didn’t intend to run for a full term after the appointed term was over.
Neither Al Rutledge, who lost to Councilman Strom Peterson in November, nor former Councilman Ron Wambolt, who lost to incumbent Councilwoman Adrienne Fraley-Monillas, has responded to inquiries.
The Council has yet to set a timetable for accepting applications, interviewing candidates or making the appointment.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Council action on Brier fireworks vote could come in first half of 2016 Nov. 17
- Lynnwood Council race now out of recount range Nov. 16
- Auditor says nothing improper about her calls supporting Somers Nov. 13
- Lynnwood Council race gets tighter Nov. 13
- Voters who need to fix ballot signatures will get letters Nov. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.