Hayden expects to be among applicants to fill Edmonds Council vacancy
Hayden lost to appointed incumbent Councilwoman Kristiana Johnson in November by a 66 percent to 34 percent margin.
Hayden had been an applicant when the Council appointed Johnson in 2012.
Former Councilman Steve Bernheim, who preceded Yamamoto before not running in 2011, said Tuesday that he didn’t know if he would apply. Bernheim was an applicant when the Council appointed Johnson. At the time, he was the only applicant who said that he didn’t intend to run for a full term after the appointed term was over.
Neither Al Rutledge, who lost to Councilman Strom Peterson in November, nor former Councilman Ron Wambolt, who lost to incumbent Councilwoman Adrienne Fraley-Monillas, has responded to inquiries.
The Council has yet to set a timetable for accepting applications, interviewing candidates or making the appointment.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Lynnwood transportation board reviews options but reaches no consensus Jan. 27
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.