Weekend reading: Happy penguin and hot drinks
First up, that penguin up there? He is the world's happiest creature. And that's pretty much how I feel every time it snows, too.
If you're going out in the snow, you should check out these "6 hot drinks for cold winter nights." But don't let that title restrict you. You should feel totally free to drink any of these drinks during the day, too. Put a hot drink in your thermos and go hit the trail.
If you are heading outdoors, this is one of the best descriptions of layering I've ever seen. After reading this, you should be able to stay comfortable in anything the mountains can throw at you.
Speaking of, International Mountain Day was this week. In honor of it, Mother Nature Network shared some stunning mountain photos. I was pleased to see three photos from Washington. We do have some awesome mountains.
I'll end with more eye candy. Here are some gorgeous winter scenes from National Geographic.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- If disaster strikes at ice caves, rescuers want to be ready April 26
- Learn about EvCC's ORCA program on Thursday April 21
- Andy Porter will teach classes on nature photography in Marysville April 20
- See art and adventure meet at book release, film showing April 17
- Ice caves trail, parking lots will be closed Saturday morning April 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.