The Council has yet to set a timetable to replace Frank Yamamoto, who resigned from the Council Dec. 5.
State law says that when an elected official resigns in a non-charter city, the city council can appoint someone to serve through the next election occurring in an odd-numbered year.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Final south Snohomish County primary election results Aug. 20
- Introductory statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Aug. 20
- Ambalada endorses Simmonds in Lynnwood general election Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Fire District 1 candidates Schrock and Luke Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Brier Council at-large candidates Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.