The road will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The upper gate at Paradise will close at 4 p.m. All vehicles must carry chains.
During extreme weather, the roads may still be closed. Get more information in the park's press release. You can also check the status of roads on the park's page or on Twitter.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.