Dog eats tainted meat at Seattle park
Kyle and Allyson Barker were taking their golden retriever Berdy on a hike Saturday when they noticed her eating something off the ground and pulled a piece of meat out of her mouth. Then another couple showed them photos they had taken on the trail of suspicious chunks of meat.
KOMO reports the couple took the dog to veterinarian Jeb Mortimer who induced vomiting and found green pellets in her stomach. The pellets were sent for testing at Washington State University. Mortimer suspects rat poison.
After the treatment, Berdy appears to be OK.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.