Kyle and Allyson Barker were taking their golden retriever Berdy on a hike Saturday when they noticed her eating something off the ground and pulled a piece of meat out of her mouth. Then another couple showed them photos they had taken on the trail of suspicious chunks of meat.
KOMO reports the couple took the dog to veterinarian Jeb Mortimer who induced vomiting and found green pellets in her stomach. The pellets were sent for testing at Washington State University. Mortimer suspects rat poison.
After the treatment, Berdy appears to be OK.
More Northwest Headlines
Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant 3:37 p.m. Lawsuit over lease for Shell Arctic drilling fleet rejected 4:37 p.m. Court denies Medina millionaire’s release from Montana jail Woman, 87, goes missing while picking berries in Skamania County 7:04 p.m. Judge tosses lawsuit seeking Kurt Cobain death-scene photos 6:02 p.m. Medical examiner: Motorist hit by train killed herself 5:19 p.m. Salmonella outbreak that may be tied to pork grows 4:38 p.m. Man arrested for slaying in Clarkston
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.