But what gets me really excited? I love NCI because they offer summer camp for grown-ups. (And kids, too, of course. But summer camps for adults are a rare treat.)
The institute is currently offering discounted gift certificates. For $80, you (or your lucky gift-recipient) get $100 to spend toward programs in 2014.
The gift certificates can be used for family getaways, base camp, learning center classes and field excursions.
Each year, the institute offers a wide range of classes. You can learn about beat poets at a fire lookout or capture snakes in Eastern Washington. You can try yoga in the wilderness or work on your watercolor skills.
I checked out their base camp program earlier this year, and it was great. You can stay at the center and use it as your base for adventures. And the food's really great.
If you want to take advantage of this offer, you should do it soon. The offer expires on Friday.
Get all the details on how to get a certificate here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
- Campfire restrictions lifted in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie forests Sep. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.