Seahawks snow-day links
“Super exciting update! A "Anonymous Fan" of the 49ers has officially offered to match whatever we raise for UCSF and donate it Seattle Children's Hospital ... UP TO $100,000!!!
I think San Francisco just said "Challenge Accepted!"
Now, onto the rest of the links.
In today’s Herald, a look at the underappreciated play of DT Brandon Mebane. And if you missed it on the blog yesterday, Richard Sherman was pretty entertaining in his weekly press conference.
Grantland.com breaks down some numbers to see what team has the best home-field advantage in the NFL. You’ll never guess who’s No. 1. OK, you probably will.
The News Tribune looks at the play of rookie TE Luke Willson.
ESPN.com’s Seahawks and Cardinals reporters break down the game.
CBSSports.com has Russell Wilson third in its MVP projections.
The Audibles blog at SI.com looks at the weaknesses of each division leader in the NFL, and notes that while the Seahawks, like every team, has causes for concern, they are the “least-flawed team in football.”
Seahawks.com puts the spotlight on DT Clinton McDonald, who has been playing very well this season after being released, then re-signed.
The word out of Arizona is that Larry Fitzgerald thinks he’ll be ready to play after suffering a concussion last weekend, but is still waiting for medical clearance.
From Mike Silver of NFL.com, a cool oral history of Candlestick Park, which will soon be hosting its final game before the 49ers move to a new stadium. You may not like the 49ers much, but it’s undeniable that that stadium has seen a lot of historic moments.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.