Union officials said in a message to members Monday that they are developing an absentee ballot process for those who cannot make it to the polls on Jan. 3. Local union leaders have expressed concern that many members will be on vacation and out of the area when the vote takes place.
National union leadership set the vote for Jan. 3 over the objections of local union leaders. Local union representatives say the latest contract offer is too similar to one rejected just last month.
The latest Boeing offer would still move workers away from a traditional pension plan. However, the company has backed away from a proposal that would have slowed the rate at which employees rise up the pay scale.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing forecasts fast growth in Latin America Nov. 16
- Embraer names Lynnwood’s Nova-Tech Engineering as its top supplier in 2015 Nov. 12
- How much is an airplane sale actually worth? Oct. 29
- Boeing and Lockheed might contest Pentagon’s bomber decision Oct. 27
- Boeing KC-46 tanker (finally) gets a foreign order Oct. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.