Friday Seahawks links
From the News Tribune, a look at Rams pass rusher Robert Quinn, who could be trouble for Seattle’s offense.
Danny O’Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle looks at recent playoff history and comes away convinced that momentum isn’t as important as most people think it is.
On his morning radio show, Pete Carroll said DE Red Bryant (knee) and WR Jermaine Kearse (ankle) will both be game-day decisions: "We’ve got a couple of guys that will go up until game time. Red Bryant is a little hobbled here late in the week, we’ll see how he is at game-time, Jermaine Kearse is similar. There’s a chance both those guys will make it, but we won’t know until Sunday."
You can listen to that whole interview here:
Tim Booth of the Associated Press looks at how the Seahawks have changed things in the punting game, and as a result taken opponents’ return game out of play.
Grantland.com has its All-Pro teams, and it includes a few Seahawks. Along those same lines, CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco names his Pro Bowl team, and again the Seahawks are well-represented.
ESPN.com breaks down the Coach of the Year race, and says Pete Carroll is in the conversation.
NFL.com ranks the NFL’s best defensive nucleuses, and has Seattle No. 1. Last week they ranked offenses, and had Seattle ranked fifth.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.